Mario Kart 8 brings antigravity to the world of racing! In this game, you can race up vertical walls and across ceilings, introducing true three-dimensional course design! You’ll also be able to enjoy some familiar features from more recent titles, such as aerial and submarine racing from Mario Kart 7, as well as the bikes from Mario Kart Wii.
Of course, the game also includes global multiplayer and Miiverse integration, letting you share the fun with everyone!
- The new antigravity feature allows for never-imagined racing circuit designs. Players will speed through courses and find themselves suddenly racing on walls in a haunted mansion or upside-down over Princess Peach’s Castle as their wheels automatically rotate and shift into antigravity gear.
- Mario Kart TV lets players share highlight videos they submitted to Miiverse.
- Experience a wealth of features that span the series, including 12-player online competitive play. Elements first introduced in Mario Kart 7, such as hang gliders and underwater racing, along with elements introduced in Mario Kart Wii, such as motorbikes and performing tricks in midair, also make their return.
- Fan-favourites Waluigi and Toadette re-join the cast of familiar characters from the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Crisp HD graphics and a 60-frames-per-second frame rate offer players the most visually stunning entry in the series yet.
- This time around, take to the starting grid with Bowser’s minions, with all available as playable characters for the first time ever.